Download Your Free – Mine Safety Guide
This 16-page guide reviews the major concepts in mine safety and regulation, describes a general approach to improving safety in mining facilities, and identifies major regulations from the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) that apply in this field.
- MSHA’s system for mine classification, regulation, and enforcement
- Five key elements for an effective Injury & Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- Guidance through the Hierarchy of Controls to address hazards
- Major regulatory requirements for training, facility checks, and injury reporting
- Quick reference for specific MSHA regulations
Know the Requirements and Protect Your Miners
Mining is a critical part of the global economy, providing raw materials for use in nearly every other industry. However, keeping mine workers safe is key to maintaining a productive mine, and mining has always been a dangerous line of work. With careful attention and improved standards, mining companies and MSHA have reduced the illnesses, injuries, and fatalities in the industry. This guide describes how you can implement these improvements across your own mine facility, using techniques such as an Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). It also provides a reference guide for the MSHA regulations that apply to different mine types, and describes how signs and other visual markings can help make your mining facility a safer workplace.