Download Your Free - Heat Stress Card
This simple guide will help you ramp up your workplace’s preparedness for emergencies. See examples of key emergency signage and markings, and easily refer to the rules that apply.
- Know signs/symptoms of heat illnesses; monitor yourself; use a buddy system.
- Block out direct sun and other heat sources.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Drink often and BEFORE you are thirsty. Drink water every 15 minutes.
- Avoid beverages containing alcohol or caffeine.
- Wear lightweight, light-coloured, loose-fitting clothes.
PROTECTING WORKERS FROM HEAT STRESS
Exposure to heat can cause illness and death. The most serious heat illness is heatstroke. Other heat illnesses, such as heat exhaustion, heat cramps, and heat rash, should be avoided.